View Ray, Inc. is the world’s first manufacturer of MRI Guided Radiation Therapy. The ViewRay™ system (MRIdian) is a one-of-a-kind, innovative medical modality that integrates:
- Full, real-time MRI imaging in order to monitor the accurate and precise delivery of radiation to targeted areas while avoiding damage to healthy tissues.
- Radiation therapy delivery for cancer treatment, with high speed treatment planning.
- Intelligent software automation system that allows physicians to update the patient’s treatment plan on a daily basis for the first time.
Using the ViewRay system, clinicians can see soft tissue, visualize and adjust the dose, and provide gate therapy, all in real-time and on live anatomy, without invasive markers or procedures, and without exposing the patient to the additional ionizing radiation common with other imaging and radiation modalities seen today. “ViewRay” MR Guided Radiation Therapy System (MRIdian) is a superior modality in cancer treatment:
- Better visualization of the target. The first oncology system where the physician can see the process of the patient’s treatment in real-time, as it is equipped with the best soft tissue imaging technology, MRI.
- Adaptive treatment. The ViewRay system is the first and only platform able to adapt to the patient’s soft tissue and organ movements on the fly.
- Real-time triage of the tumor. No fiducial marker or surrogate, only the target that the physician would consider treating and, therefore, no incision required.
- No pain during or after treatment.
- No anesthesia or hospitalization. No recovery time needed.
- No ionizing radiation damage.